Challney High School for Boys’ outstanding work as a science specialist college is reflected in the achievement and attainment of the students and also in the enrichment work, wider life experiences and work within the community which has led to us being recognised at national level.
Examples of activity/impact beyond our school include:
- outreach work across our local network of schools
- regional events showcasing exemplary STEM practice
- designation as a STEM Hub school empowered to cascade our exemplary practice to other schools. We have successfully engaged with seven schools through training, coaching and funding
- being an associate school of The Royal Society. We also regularly engage with the Triple Science Network and The Royal Society of Chemistry to further raise standards across the region
- as a satellite partner school to the Science Learning Centre we promote raising standards in science teaching and learning through; hosting training sessions for subject knowledge enhancement, promoting effective practical work in science and sharing our facilities.
We are able to provide science related support to schools that are within and outside of our partnership.
Request support in this area